CRM 2016 load failure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I am trying to investigate a strange error occurring on CRM 2016 on-premise. Sometimes the site crashes unexpectedly. Well it happens with applications, so this is not my main problem. The problem is that after I am trying to refresh the page, it fails to load again. Only a blue stripe is visible on top which is supposed to be the menu, and everything else is blank. Furthermore, the same thing happens for all organizations on the same server. I receive the following script errors on the console:

InvalidCharacterError

File: global.ashx, Line: 28086, Column: 601517

Unable to get property 'getServiceDirectory' of undefined or null reference

File: global.ashx, Line: 27304, Column: 5

Currently the only working solution to recover is to restart the computer, but I would like to find out what exactly goes wrong. Any ideas?

The server is upgraded from a 2011 instance, I am not sure if it has anything to do with the issue.

Regards,

Adam

Monday, April 25, 2016 8:52 AM

All replies

• hi

Is your setup on rollup 0.1 ? if not try installing that and see if it helps

Monday, April 25, 2016 12:10 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, we are already on rollup 0.1.

Regards,

Adam

Monday, April 25, 2016 12:56 PM
  • I do not have much info about your setup, but does this happen when you are using CRM url with FQDN ?

do you see any specific error if u launch browser dev tool ?

Monday, April 25, 2016 1:06 PM
  • Are you facing this issue on all entities or on a specific entity? if you are facing it on a specific entity then check if you have any custom code i.e. script or button added on it. Because if there is a error in your script then it may cause the system to crash with the error.

Thanks,

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 8:38 AM
  • Hi,

I am getting the error on all pages, and also across all organizations on the server, so I believe it has something to do with my my session. I only use the server name for access, not the FDQN.

Regards,

Adam

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 4:30 PM
  • Any updates on this issue? We're facing the same problem for about five users.

It's CRM 2016 update 0.1. It happens in IE not in Chrome. CRM is configured for IFD.

Martijn Eikelenboom

Friday, August 26, 2016 11:19 AM
  • Just had a similar issue my self and hit this post. it seems to be a very common issue, but no real solution

see below threads of different things others have tried:

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117/t/142227

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117/t/193303?pi51685=2#responses

Panayiotis Panayiotou DotCy Developments Ltd.

Saturday, August 27, 2016 5:27 PM
  • Those threads are not exactly the same issue in my opinion. The precise thing we're facing here is that the user is not getting an error (other than in the console of the browser, no popup). But the user only sees the blue bar on top of the screen. The rest op the page isn't loading.

Martijn Eikelenboom

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 6:14 AM
  • I'm also facing the same issue. As mentioned, this doesn't happen in Chrome and changing the browser mode in IE also doesn't produce any effect. Form me this started happening after a server restart.

The version that I'm running has Update 1.0 applied. Reinstalling it also doesn't solve anything.

Now, what I could conclude so far is that it's tied up to the user profile at the OS level. Logging in as a different user seems to work.

---Update:

Got it working by clearing down IE and OS temp files

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 11:19 AM
  • Same issue.  Didn't happen in chrome, didn't happen on other workstations. 

Manually deleted the temporary internet files (AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files)  for some reason Internet Options weren't deleting them.

Also deleted temp files (AppData\Local\Temp)

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 1:27 PM