Price currency change RRS feed

• Question

• I want to change the basis of investment pricing currency from UKP to USD, how do I do this??

If I go to account summary in an investment account the market value column does not add up, unfortunately I have a mixture of USD and UKP currencies and it tries to give a total at the bottom in UKP but the line items do not add up to the total below them.

I want to change the market value pricing and display all I one currency but I cannot see how to modify the historical prices accordingly.

Thanks

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 4:30 PM

All replies

• The line items are converted to GBP at the current exchange rate. The line items displayed in Portfolio Manager will not sum to the GBP total given if any of the line items are in currency.

Note that the exchange rate shown in Portfolio Manager is truncated. To get the correct totals you need the exact exchange rate.

The standard Report "Portfolio Value by Investment Account" shows converted values and may be what you want. The report date needs to be set correctly each time the report is generated.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 6:32 PM
  • It may or may not help to change the exchange rate. If you want to do that, see Tools->Settings->ProgramSettings->UpdateCurrencies

In that list, one of currencies, probably GBP, is marked BASE.

Accounts have a currency setting.

Investments have a currency setting.

When playing with these settings, keep an extra backup or copy of your Money file in case you want to undo something.

Speaking of backup files, you might want to review your backup procedures. You should have more than one vintage of Money backup in case your file gets corrupted and you back up the corrupted file. Also, hard drives including SSD fail. I am working such a problem right now.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 7:34 PM