MSN- You delete my site, I can't verify it and my site follows all of your rules RRS feed

• Question

•  

Why the hell did you all do this? Why mess up what was working? I am in SEO and I told everyone all the time that I got better valid results with MSN then the other search engines...before whatever it is you did. Why mess it up? Why copy other search engines when yours was functioning better. Just go back to how you had it.

If you decide you want people to verify their site you need to make sure the software actually works!

Google at least lets you know why your site was deleted, but you can't do that unless people verify the site and that doesn't work. Just scratch whatever the new plan is and use the old one that worked. Just my opinion.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:16 PM

Answers

• Do you mind sharing your site info so I can take a look?

Jeremiah

Monday, January 21, 2008 10:33 PM

All replies

• Well I feel sad for everybody that is suffering with MSN at the moment,

and I know a lot are, people who used to rank well and earn a living from the internet.

The irony is, the other two major search engines are not having these kinds of problems.

We have a new site, only a few weeks old, still in the making but worthy of showing and both the other engines have indexed it, and it is begining to show in the SERPS, for some keywords.

In fact Google never even sand-boxed it, and yet MSN has had it in its index since early December, for one page.

It never crawls it, it does nothing for it, yet it has no spam, the keyword weight is not over the top, the text reads well, the meta information is accurate, the code is not perfect, but no worse than a lot of sites, it has no black hat stuff, no hidden text, it's just beginning to gain links, it has a sitemap file, allbeit it's a Google sitemap file, which I installed into a webpage cos I don't have access to the root directory ( template site). I have verified ownership et. etc. etc.

....but it does nothing.

I have written emails to support till I'm sick to the teeth of writing them, but nothing happens, zilch, squat.

Not even a reply, an explanation, an nkling of an idea what's wrong....nothing.

Now you'd have to say, is it a wonder MSN Search is so unpopular in the search engine field.

For an engine that's struggling to maintain its standing. you'd think somebody there, would start to have a pricked conscience, and try to save something out of all the mess.

Frankly, I don't think MSN give a monkey's, and according to muy way of thinking, then why should anybody else...

and so, I've given up on it.

If MSN search ever does become a serious internet search comodity, I'll come back and try again, but if you ask me, the writing's on the wall.

And you did it all yourselves, you will have got that RIGHT.

Well done, for nothing.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 8:54 PM
  • Do you mind sharing your site info so I can take a look?

Jeremiah

Monday, January 21, 2008 10:33 PM
  •  

"Just scratch whatever the new plan is and use the old one that worked. Just my opinion."

It is not just your opinion -- this same sentiment is being voiced all over the internet about what happened to MSN LIVE after the October "update". They were so close to breaking through with webmasters, the public, and SEO-types, then came the wrong turn and now a gazillion well-established sites can no longer even get indexed. Or if they do get indexed, it's one page only, and it stays that way. What a sad sad state of affairs.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 4:48 AM