Unable to access Timesheet views OR submit timesheets RRS feed

• Question

• I am new in the forum. Our company has started the implementation and use of Project Server 2010. We are an business with approximately 300 people which 150 people are going to use the tool either to report time into timesheets or project manage our portfolio.

We hired a consultant firm to help us during the implementation but unfortunately we are now facing a few issues regarding the Timesheeting view with only 2 members of our team. They were able to submit time into timesheets but now the following message appears when trying to create or edit a timesheet:

"The View failed to load. Press OK to reload this view with the default settings. Press Cancel to select another view". 

I read most of the posts in this forum and did or check everything such as:

- Change the Publish column to No on then back again to Yes for the tasks assigned to this users

- Erase the task and publish it again

- Check for blank lines (there are non)

- etc.-

The result is that if I disable the "Single Entry Mode" the user is able to add and see the timesheets but it is not able when I enable the Single Entry Mode again.

We had tried almost everything but there is nothing else we can think about. There are only 2 team members having this issue while the rest is able to access, submit, recall, delete and re-submit timesheets without any issues.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Facundo 

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 12:09 PM

Answers

• I am sorry for my late response. I have escalated it and we are looking today to the logs. Will come back to you asap and let you know. If any of you guys knows about a person in Spain or legally allowed to work in Spain we are currently recruiting a Project Server Administrator (I am a user supporting the implementation with a Technical background but not an administrator) just please let me know. Thanks for your help. Facundo
    Friday, January 14, 2011 7:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Facundo,

Two things you can try:

1. Produce the error and then check your ULS log, if you can find the below detail in your ULS also - apply the Project Server 2010 DEC CU or apply one of the August CUs that contains sts-x-none.msp

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

w3wp.exe (0×14D8)                           0×11C0    Project Server                    General                           0000    Exception    Exception occurred in method Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.Project.ProjectGetProjectDetailsForGridJson System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: ‘Void Microsoft.SharePoint.JSGrid.GridSerializer.ApplyPostViewIncrementalInsertsAndDeletes(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Microsoft.SharePoint.JSGrid.Change>, System.Func`2<System.Object,System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<System.String,System.Object>>)’.     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.Project.GetProjectDetailsForGridJson(JsGridSerializerArguments gridSerializerArgs, Guid projUid, Guid[] subProjUids, Int32 storeId, String changesJson, String postViewInsertsAndDeletesJson, Boolean firstTaskViewLoad, Boolean showProjectSummaryTask, Guid viewUid, Nullable`1 expandSubprojects, Boolean clearPer…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. If the above doesn't work, delete the timehseet web part and add again. Sometimes the web parts are just glitchy.

I really hope that either one of the above works for you - let me know if it does.

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 12:47 PM
  • Check that the two team members have the role "Team Member"

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 2:56 PM
  • I am sorry for my late response. I have escalated it and we are looking today to the logs. Will come back to you asap and let you know. If any of you guys knows about a person in Spain or legally allowed to work in Spain we are currently recruiting a Project Server Administrator (I am a user supporting the implementation with a Technical background but not an administrator) just please let me know. Thanks for your help. Facundo
    Friday, January 14, 2011 7:26 AM
  • Michael, I check on both users and they do have Team members group assign. Thanks!
    Friday, January 14, 2011 7:27 AM
  • Hi Facuando,

Are you still looking for a Project Server Administrator? :)

Let me knows!

Best Regards,

Miguel Soler

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 3:18 PM