Integrating an asp.net web page with CRM RRS feed

• Question

• How can I integrate an asp.net web page with a CRM solution?

I have a solution which generates pdf pages. At present these are generated in silverlight on the client side. I want to change that to server side to avoid send data to the client and also to allow the pdf to open in a browser window. That I can do by changing my client side cods to a server side asp.net page with code behind at the server. So far easy enough but I have two problems. One is that I seem to need to reenter a user name and password or even hardcode something. The second is how do I include that as part of a solution. At the moment the information I have says I need to manually deploy my asp.net to the IIS running CRM. Can I not include this as part of the solution?

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 11:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You are correct you can't use solution to keep your asp.net page, you need to host your website in IIs the you can refer it in crm and for user name and password, you can configure single signon if you required.

Please check: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crminthefield/archive/2013/10/30/crm-2011-and-asp-net-single-sign-on-use-wauth-for-integrated-web-apps.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg509061.aspx

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

• Proposed as answer by HIMBAPModerator Wednesday, April 23, 2014 6:39 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by J N Brand Thursday, June 5, 2014 11:14 AM
    Wednesday, April 23, 2014 6:39 AM
  • So is there anyway to deploy an asp.net page as part of a product without requiring the end user to install the net page separately?
    Wednesday, April 23, 2014 9:19 AM
  • No, you need to think of other alternatives like using silverlight or create html webresouces for you requirement if possible. Thanks.

Our Website| Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Thursday, May 29, 2014 4:51 AM