CRM 2011 : Solution import wizard stucks. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

While importing unmanned solution to my CRM on premise version, The progress of import is staying idle to infinite time and isn't progressing anything.

The solution I am importing is a very light solution having two entities only so it should not take more then 1 min. but It always shows me blank progress bar and nothing is working.

I tried by resetting IIS but no success.

Thanks and regards,
    Hiren Solanki.
    Please vote or mark as a answer if it helped you.

Saturday, March 23, 2013 6:15 AM

Answers

• Hi Hiren, These kind of errors come from assembly version mismatches. Have you added any Crm assemblies to the GAC? If not, I would suggest raising a support ticket with Microsoft or reinstalling.

hth

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public     Follow Me on Twitter
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Monday, March 25, 2013 7:17 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

This could be because your async service is stopped.

Also try the method I describe here:

http://www.develop1.net/public/post/Un-responsive-Import-Solution-Dialog.aspx

Scott Durow
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Saturday, March 23, 2013 8:57 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Scott,

Thanks for the responding.

I checked but Async. process was already started, to my doubt I again restarted it but no luck with the progress.

I tried to check from the SQL query about the progress but my import job isn't showing in the list, it is showing a progress of import job which was done 3 months back.

Any further ideas ?

Thanks,

Thanks and regards,
    Hiren Solanki.

Monday, March 25, 2013 6:36 AM
  • In addition,

I tried to import the solution using ImportSolutionRequest via code. but the error I am getting is as below.

Anybody has an idea on what this error should be. Googling has no luck

Thanks and regards,
    Hiren Solanki.

Monday, March 25, 2013 6:42 AM
  • Hi Hiren, These kind of errors come from assembly version mismatches. Have you added any Crm assemblies to the GAC? If not, I would suggest raising a support ticket with Microsoft or reinstalling.

hth

Scott Durow

Monday, March 25, 2013 7:17 AM
    Answerer
  • may be the solution file is with large size, try this.

remove all web resources and plugin assemblies and try. if there are in missing components, remove the missing components from solution file from zip file and try.

Thanks in Advance Siva

Monday, March 25, 2013 8:16 AM
  • Hi Siva,

As I told solution is very lightweight containing only 2 entities and couple of web resources.

I have already tried importing the solution in different organization , it only took a minute to import it. so the issue rising from some other corner.

Thanks and regards,
    Hiren Solanki.

Monday, March 25, 2013 8:20 AM
  • did you check the versions of org? same or not?

Thanks in Advance Siva

Monday, March 25, 2013 12:17 PM
  • Hi Scott,

Thanks for your further suggestion. Yes, we have 3 CRM assemblies in GAC. I will try removing it and import again. Hope it work.

Thanks and regards,
    Hiren Solanki.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:05 AM
  • I am going to ask the obvious question, have you restarted both CRM and SQL Server and see if that helps?

Rojy Thomas

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 4:48 PM
  • Hi, we also have the same issue (CRM2011 OnPremise just upgraded to RU12). Last Friday we have imported correctly a solution larger than this one with just two entities.

We tried restarting each CRM Services (AsyncService was started), made iisreset and finally the server itself, without any change on importing by wizard. We also tried by code and it worked but the import wizard stuck issue is still there.

Thanks in advance!

Carlos Santiago

• Edited by C Santiago Wednesday, March 27, 2013 5:37 PM
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 5:35 PM
  • Hi Scott,

I have removed 3 CRM assemblies defined in a screenshot I sent from  GAC, restarted IIS. But the problem doesn't seems to be resolved. Solution import still not working and unable to import solution via code too ( The same error as posted earlier ). Not sure what can I be missing here.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks and regards,
    Hiren Solanki.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 6:21 AM
  • Hi,

That is strange then - the error you are getting from the code indicates that the incorrect CRM2011 assemblies are loaded in the Web Application - which would lead to a corrupt installation if you've removed all the CRM assemblies from the GAC. 

The assembly that ins't loading is Microsoft.Crm.Webservices.dll - can you check the version in the location 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\CRMWeb\bin\Microsoft.Crm.Webservices.dll'

Right click and use the details tab - UR12 should be 5.0.9690.3236

You should probably try re-installing CRM or open a support ticket with Microsoft support.

hth

Scott Durow

Thursday, March 28, 2013 8:17 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Carlos,

Good that in your case it worked by code, in my case the code is also not working.

Can you please share your code if you have used other then ImportSolutionRequest by just passing solution bytes ?

Thanks.

Thanks and regards,
    Hiren Solanki.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 8:36 AM
  • Hi Scott,

My CRM on Premise version is 5.0.9690.2243 and assembly also having a same version. So I think it is correct at the place ?

Thanks,

Thanks and regards,
    Hiren Solanki.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:11 PM
  • Interesting.

Double check the GAC - and do search for any different versions of the same assembly.

If all else fails - re-install or call Microsoft Support I'm afraid.

Scott Durow

Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:14 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Hiren, sorry I'm off office so I can't publish the excerp of the code.

For instance, my colleages have confirmed me that the GAC has not versión mistmatch. Maybe the solution is in RU13?

Monday, April 1, 2013 9:18 AM
  • The import code:

{dameServicioOrg2011(orgDestino);
      byte[] data = File.ReadAllBytes(solutionPath);
      ImportSolutionRequest request = new ImportSolutionRequest()
      {
        CustomizationFile = data,
        ImportJobId = importId,
        PublishWorkflows = false,
      };
      ImportSolutionResponse res = (ImportSolutionResponse)crmSrv2011.Execute(request);
      return "ok";}

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 8:13 AM
  • Solved!! it was more less the GAC described before. In our case was an old CRM SDK library in the CRM BIN used for some components. We actualize it with the new one and the Solution Import Wizard works fine.

Thanks ALL!!

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:34 AM
  • Yes, It's Microsoft.crm.sdk.proxy assesmbly versioning problem in GAC.
    Followed below steps, It worked
    1.Stop Async Service
    2. Take Microsoft.crm.sdk.proxy.dll from latest sdk
    3. Install Microsoft.crm.sdk.proxy.dll assembly in GAC using gacutil tool
    gacutil /i c:\sdk\bin\Microsoft.crm.sdk.proxy.dll

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 9:35 PM