Deploying Customer Portal and Partner Portal into a single crm organisation RRS feed

• Question

• I have a question regarding the partner portal and customer portal. One problem I have at the moment is that, I am unable to use the same WLID for logging into both these portals. I followed the procedures from the deployment documentation for associating a CRM contact with a portal user. These are the steps that I followed

1.)    Press Create Invitation and Save Contact Record
    2.)   Run sign-up workflow against the same contact record
    3.)    Login to the partner portal using WLID
    4.)    Click Invitation link from email. Enter answer to secret question
    5.)    Login succeeds
    6.)    Logout from partner portal
    7.)    Clear cache, cookies and close IE window
    8.)    Login to customer portal with the same WLID
    9.)    Asks for invitation code and doesn’t allow the user to login to customer portal
    10.) Try logging in to partner portal again. It is successful.

When I checked the contact record for this user, I find that WLID details has already been stored for this user, in the Web Authentication section. I am unable to figure out why this doesn’t work. While I am not able to use a single WLID stored in the portal crm contact record, I am able to login into both the portals using different WLID stored in two different contact records. Is this a known limitation, while deploying both the portals in the same CRM organisation, or am I missing something? Thank you.

• Edited by RajYRaman Thursday, March 22, 2012 5:12 AM typo
    Wednesday, March 21, 2012 9:59 PM

All replies

• Having the same person as both partner and a customer is not a scenario handled within demo portal solution. A workaround we can suggest: creating 2 different orgs for each portal solution,
    Friday, May 4, 2012 11:52 PM
  • You should be able to use the same contact for both. You'll just need to provide the contact access permissions for both portals for the same contact.
    Monday, May 21, 2012 9:07 PM