Advanced Find: Filter on multiple child records RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i got a question regarding advanced find on n:m relationships:

a contact has a group of interests, these interests exist in a seperate entity
    the contact is connected to an interest through a n:m

The user can then use an advanced find to search for all contacts with
    a certain set of interests. For example:

Contact 1 has interest A and interest B
    Contact 2 has interest A

The user wants to find contacts with interest A and interest B
    An advanced find with contacts with contact-interests where interest
    equals and selecting A and B in the lookup serves as an OR and finds
    both contacts.

Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 3:58 PM

Answers

• I agree, but that is something i absolutetly considered  the advanced find to be capable of.Well. looks like i was wrong.

I love reports, but the client needs this query for dynamic marketing lists.

So i guess i will end up with another execute plugin...

• Marked as answer by Jan_Klode Wednesday, June 27, 2012 8:11 AM
    Wednesday, May 9, 2012 6:37 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately, there are a few types of query that aren't possible using the Advanced Find tool.

One of the types of query that isn't possible is this one. I tried it again just to make sure, using both native N:N and manual N:N relationships. When you try adding a second N:N query parameter no records are returned. If you try adding a second value to one query parameter then the values, like you say, are treated as OR values.

I think you'd need to resort to writing a report to build this query. But I'd love it if someone could prove me wrong!

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Slalom Consulting. Find me on Twitter. Join over 20,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 4:48 PM
  • I agree, but that is something i absolutetly considered  the advanced find to be capable of.Well. looks like i was wrong.

I love reports, but the client needs this query for dynamic marketing lists.

So i guess i will end up with another execute plugin...

• Marked as answer by Jan_Klode Wednesday, June 27, 2012 8:11 AM
    Wednesday, May 9, 2012 6:37 AM