Security Role creation Issue in CRM 2011 for Activity entity RRS feed

• Question

• When I am trying to create Security role by adding activity entity then CRM 2011 give me error saying "Duplicate privilege is not valid." and error note saying "Privilege 091df793-fe5e-44d4-b4ca-7e3f580c4664 is duplicated."

I am using CRM 2011 with RU 14.

We have tried everything like

• Copy system administrator role and remove one by one entity
    • Try to create role only for activity entity

and still I cannot resolve the issue.

Monday, July 20, 2015 3:19 AM

All replies

• When I am trying to create Security role by adding activity entity then CRM 2011 give me error saying "Duplicate privilege is not valid." and error note saying "Privilege 091df793-fe5e-44d4-b4ca-7e3f580c4664 is duplicated."

I am using CRM 2011 with RU 14.

We have tried everything like

• Copy system administrator role and remove one by one entity
    • Try to create role only for activity entity

and still I cannot resolve the issue.

Monday, July 20, 2015 3:20 AM
  • Hi,

Could you add more information on this,

From what I understand, after you copy the security role you have to give the security role a different name. The duplication rule is trying to say that you already have a security role with the same name existing in the CRM system.

http://crmbook.powerobjects.com/system-administration/business-administration/security-roles/

Regards,

Darrel

If this reply has helped or assisted you, do please mark as answer or helpful so that others could be benefitted from this.

• Edited by Darrel Dcosta Monday, July 20, 2015 6:28 AM link provided
    Monday, July 20, 2015 6:16 AM
  • No i am not duplicating.I am creating new role by copying the system admin role.

Which is best way for CRM to create security role.

Issue is critical one which does not allow to give security access to  Activity entity and giving above error.

Monday, July 20, 2015 7:28 AM
  • Hi,

If you have copied a System admin role then by default you should access to Activity entity. 

Can you be 100% sure that your login CRM account has system administrator role assigned to account and that no other security role assigned to your account is maybe stopping you from creating a security role?

The best workaround to this would be to create the security role from another CRM instance and import the security role to your environment and then assign permission to the activity entity.

http://crmbook.powerobjects.com/system-administration/business-administration/security-roles/     - best approach

Regards,

Darrel

If this reply has helped or assisted you, do please mark as answer or helpful so that others could be benefited from this.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 12:02 AM
  • Thanks for Help but it is not enough to find my issue.

Issue is cannot grant privileges for Activity entities and giving above error. I have tried it only Activity entity as well still giving error "Duplicate privilege is not valid."

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 5:05 AM