none
is it posible to connect a whs to a switch thats conected to the router? RRS feed

• Question

• hiSmile

i want to build a whs but i cannot connect it directly to the router, i can connect it to a switch that is connected dirctly to my router.

will this work??

thanks for your time

Chris
    Thursday, January 17, 2008 9:53 PM

Answers

• Yup that'll work just fine.  That's how mine is connected Big Smile
    Thursday, January 17, 2008 10:18 PM

All replies

• Yup that'll work just fine.  That's how mine is connected Big Smile
    Thursday, January 17, 2008 10:18 PM
  • I have mine set up this way as well and so far so good!
    Friday, January 18, 2008 6:10 PM
  • Same system here, all computers including WHS connected to a switch that is connected to a router, no problems what so ever
    Sunday, January 20, 2008 3:55 PM
  • It works with me as well BUT

- all clients have to connected to the switch, to which WHS is connected. If I connect a client to router (which is before switch) I cannot log into WHS from that PC.

Am I doing sth wrong with this LAN config?
    Friday, February 1, 2008 12:05 AM
  •  stassas wrote:
    It works with me as well BUT

- all clients have to connected to the switch, to which WHS is connected. If I connect a client to router (which is before switch) I cannot log into WHS from that PC.

Am I doing sth wrong with this LAN config?

Then I would believe you have something other than a simple switch. You might have a switch but it aoppears to also have nat. Do computers connected to your router have the same IP addresses as the ones connected to the "switch"? If it is a switch they should have the same range. like 192.168.1.xxx or 10.0.0.xxx

Friday, February 1, 2008 12:11 AM