PP1 - RC5 RRS feed

Answers

• The team is working on another build (RC4.1) for our NDA Beta participants to provide additional testing for the bugs that we have validated, repro-ed, fixed, tested and incorporated into the product.

We are investigating the possibility of making this build available to a wider audience.   As there are a large number of additional hoops that we need to go through when we release a build for testing by the general public.  I cannot make any promises that there will be another build for broad public testing.

I hope to have an answer to this question by the middle of next week.

p.s. Moot point --- I believe is the correct spelling

Thursday, June 19, 2008 10:15 PM

All replies

• I guess that will all depend on how many bugs are submitted, reproduced and fixed and whether or not Microsoft need more public testing or if they feel they have a stable and releasable build at that point.

At the moment I know that Microsoft want as many people testing PP1 RC4, so I would guess for the short term there wont be another build...... but who knows :-)

Andrew

Thursday, June 19, 2008 8:33 PM
  • Mute point...

They can't release what they have given us to test so RC5 or whatever it may be they will release another build for the general public or not but they won't label RC4 as GA.

Thursday, June 19, 2008 8:39 PM
  • The team is working on another build (RC4.1) for our NDA Beta participants to provide additional testing for the bugs that we have validated, repro-ed, fixed, tested and incorporated into the product.

We are investigating the possibility of making this build available to a wider audience.   As there are a large number of additional hoops that we need to go through when we release a build for testing by the general public.  I cannot make any promises that there will be another build for broad public testing.

I hope to have an answer to this question by the middle of next week.

p.s. Moot point --- I believe is the correct spelling

Thursday, June 19, 2008 10:15 PM