Adding views to solution which interact with Owner Team records RRS feed

• Question

• In CRM 2013, I'm trying to create a customized Case management solution for an organization. This organization has several Owner Teams within their default solution which is used to split up groups of users, and each group will need their own view of their Cases.

The issue I'm having is that I see no way to be able to add these views to the Managed Solution, while still allowing them to interact with the Owner Teams of the destination CRM tenancy that it will be imported to. I can give the Owner Teams the same name in my Dev tenancy as the production, but the IDs will be different, so my Solution's Team 1 will not link to the destination tenancy's Team 1.

Is there any way to be able to make views in a Solution that can interact with Owner Teams, or do views that interact with these always need to be added to the Default Solution?

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 12:11 PM

All replies

• To make your views "portable" so that they work in the target system, make sure your query tests for the Team by name rather than by ID (so use Name = X rather than Team = X)

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    UK CRM Guru Blog

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 4:02 PM