Setting up email router to handle a subcompany RRS feed

• Question

• I am integrating a subcompany into my crm system.  When they sendout marketing communication  i want it to have the subcompanies domain name etc. on the email.  How can this be done ?

ron

Thursday, March 29, 2012 2:28 PM

All replies

• Hi ronmorg,

The users of the subcompany are CRM users? You can configure more than one outgoing profile to meet your business requirements (gmail domain for some users and yahoo domain to another for example). To do this open CRM configuration manager and create the profile that you want the users of the marketing communication be able to use. After navigate to "Users and queues" e click in "Load button". At this time you will able to choice the profile that marketing users will use by clicking two times in the user and set the correct profile that you created.

Hope this help.

Monday, April 16, 2012 12:54 PM
  • Let me restate the problem.  This subcompany is setup as as  business unit. How can i make the email router send outgoing email from a different smtp server based on the business unit.

ron

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 6:36 PM
  • Hi,

I've posted a few articles on your other thread. however what you need to do is set up a second outgoing and deployment profile to send out emails to a different smtp; on the deployment profile use one account that resides on the subcompany business unit and make sure this account has only permissions at the business unit level.

The articles I posted on the other thread should help understand more about email router, however they don't cover this specific scenario.

Hope this helps.

Visit my blog for CRM material, improving performance, kerberos, IFD, development tips, etc. :) http://quantusdynamics.blogspot.com

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 9:08 PM
    Answerer