Update Citation Statistics RRS feed

• Question

• It appears to my that my citation statistics (Citations: XXX) has not been updated for a year or so. Is there a way to initiate this process?

Best 

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 6:03 AM

Answers

• Hello VVTTRR,

The information for citation statistics is calculated based on the tens of millions of scholarly articles currently discoverable within Microsoft Academic Search. As more content gets indexed, accuracy and completeness will continue to improve. We are actively working on indexing a large volume of content.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Best regards,

Thomas, Academic Search Editor

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:07 PM
  • Hello VVTTRR,

Thank you for following up. We appreciate your feedback! As we are currently working on indexing new content, the citation statistics for authors will be updated accordingly. Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Best regards,

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:01 PM
  • Hi Ioan,

As mentioned in response to your other forum post, citations are based on content indexed by Microsoft Academic Search. As more content gets indexed, the accuracy and completeness of citations will continue to improve. Please let us know if we can assist you further.

Best regards,

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:56 PM

All replies

• Hello VVTTRR,

The information for citation statistics is calculated based on the tens of millions of scholarly articles currently discoverable within Microsoft Academic Search. As more content gets indexed, accuracy and completeness will continue to improve. We are actively working on indexing a large volume of content.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Best regards,

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:07 PM
  • Well, I have 1884 citations in MSA and this number has not changed in a year or so whereas in other similar sites 50 cites or so  per month are typically added.

There seems to be a fundamental problem somewhere.

Best

(Otherwise: congratulations, great service to the community!)

Saturday, September 15, 2012 6:00 AM
  • Hello VVTTRR,

Thank you for following up. We appreciate your feedback! As we are currently working on indexing new content, the citation statistics for authors will be updated accordingly. Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Best regards,

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:01 PM
  • My profile also doesn't seem to be adding new citations. Even new papers over the last year or two, I had to manually add. But the thing that bugs me the most is that the citations are not updating. If I look at my Google Scholar profile, I see an increasing # of citations. I understand that Google and Microsoft index perhaps different online publications, but I would expect the trends to be similar. Notice that Google reports an increasing trend for citations per year from 2010 - 2013. Microsoft reports the citations counts drop from 2010 to 2013 to virtually 0 citations a year. Do I need to do anything to enable the citation updates?

Thanks,

Ioan Raicu

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 7:22 PM
  • Hi Ioan,

As mentioned in response to your other forum post, citations are based on content indexed by Microsoft Academic Search. As more content gets indexed, the accuracy and completeness of citations will continue to improve. Please let us know if we can assist you further.

Best regards,

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:56 PM