none
Router, Domain... RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed PowerPack 1 because I am using the eval version untill my discs arrive. Before I installed it everything was working fine, after things got messed up. How can I remove PP1 or can someone point me to documentation to configure my router?

Sunday, June 15, 2008 3:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• John

If you want to remove PP1, on the WHS go to add/remove programs and select it from the list of installed programs.

As for documentation for your router - it would partly depend on your actual router. You might want to have a read of the remote access technical brief for more information. http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/7/2/272d14a7-eb96-4dde-a90e-3e5b4bc388af/WHS%20Technical%20Brief%20-%20Remote%20Access.pdf

Andrew

Sunday, June 15, 2008 3:55 PM
  • John, you should take a look at the documentation on the Windows Home Server support page, in particular the Remote Access technical brief.
    Sunday, June 15, 2008 3:55 PM
  • Hey Ken,

I have tried the above tutorial and it is too technical for me. I have found out that my ISP blocks any ports from 0-1024.

I also found out that 2140-6767 are open.

Is there an easy way to maybe like move all traffic from port 443 to a different port and then forward that port to maybe say 3000?

JM

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 5:46 PM
  • John,

Have a read of this, maybe it will give you some ideas otherwise I'd say you were out of luck!

Don't forget that some ISPs who block those ports, also state in their T&Cs that running a server is prohibited.

Colin

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 5:58 PM