none
Associate OFX with Money Import Handler Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I don't know why it stopped working, but OFX files have become associated with a different program (Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2009) and I cannot seem to change it.

The Unassociate program, mentioned in another thread, does not run under W10.

If I right click on an OFX file, and try to select another app on this computer, browsing to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Money Plus\MNYCoreFiles\mnyimprt.exe", I get a popup indicating I cannot do this:

The file can be imported into Money from the Money File menu, so the file itself is OK.

Help would be appreciated.

Ron

Friday, January 8, 2016 12:55 PM

Answers

• Although there may be other ways that would work, what worked for me was:

• Uninstall Money from the Remove Programs dialog
    • Reboot the computer
    • Reinstall Money
    • Patch the mny99ob.dll file

After doing that, Money import handler showed up in the Open With dropdown list in file explorer, and I was able to associate it to do the open.

In thinking back, I may have selected to reset file associations to default, and that may have been the genesis of the problem.

Ron

• Marked as answer by Ron Rosenfeld Friday, January 8, 2016 2:41 PM
    Friday, January 8, 2016 2:41 PM

All replies

• I don't have Windows 10, so I cannot try anything for you.

Have you tried using the original DOS based ASSOC command to reset the file association.

On my Windows 7 system .ofx extensions are tied to ofx.Document

So, in a command prompt window (I assume you still have that in W10) type in

ASSOC .ofx=.ofx.Document

If you just type in ASSOC it will show all the current file associations and HELP ASSOC

shows the format of the command.

Friday, January 8, 2016 2:06 PM
  • Although the ASSOC cmd worked in the CMD prompt window, and, even after rebooting, still shows that it remains set that way, I am still unable to assoc the Money Import Handler with an .ofx file -- still get the same error message as above.

Ron

Friday, January 8, 2016 2:23 PM
  • Although there may be other ways that would work, what worked for me was:

• Uninstall Money from the Remove Programs dialog
    • Reboot the computer
    • Reinstall Money
    • Patch the mny99ob.dll file

After doing that, Money import handler showed up in the Open With dropdown list in file explorer, and I was able to associate it to do the open.

In thinking back, I may have selected to reset file associations to default, and that may have been the genesis of the problem.

Ron

• Marked as answer by Ron Rosenfeld Friday, January 8, 2016 2:41 PM
    Friday, January 8, 2016 2:41 PM