Microsoft Office Word 07 Not Opening RRS feed

• Question

• I bought my Vaio last month with Windows Vista already installed and had a few weeks with no problems. Now when I try to open Office to compose a document or change an existing one I am asked for my product key. Fine, I have one on the bottom of my computer, completely legit. So when entering it, why do I get an incorrect key message-this is highly frustrating. Any help?
    Monday, August 25, 2008 12:22 PM

Answers

• This is a forum for Live Mesh, not Office/Vista - however I'll answer the question:

The code on the base of your machine is for Vista, NOT office. You should have received a key with the documentation that Office came with. If the machine provider bundled Office with the computer then you should ask them where to find it.

You might have received a trial version, which will allow you 50 uses before you need to enter the key.

Glyn
    • Proposed as answer by Glyn Simpson Tuesday, August 26, 2008 6:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ben [Live Mesh] Tuesday, September 2, 2008 8:48 PM
    Tuesday, August 26, 2008 6:13 PM

All replies

• This is a forum for Live Mesh, not Office/Vista - however I'll answer the question:

The code on the base of your machine is for Vista, NOT office. You should have received a key with the documentation that Office came with. If the machine provider bundled Office with the computer then you should ask them where to find it.

You might have received a trial version, which will allow you 50 uses before you need to enter the key.

Glyn
    • Proposed as answer by Glyn Simpson Tuesday, August 26, 2008 6:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ben [Live Mesh] Tuesday, September 2, 2008 8:48 PM
    Tuesday, August 26, 2008 6:13 PM
  • Or maybe it's a 30 day time limit, since the OP indicates that the purchase was made "last month".
    Wednesday, August 27, 2008 9:52 PM