Internal company call not routed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi OCS Gurus!

We have installed an OCS and everything is working concerning Presence, IM, Outlook and calls using Communicator.

I've setup a SIP gateway and outgoing calls are routed.

My problem is related to the internal calls :

- When I start a call using Communicator by double-clicking on his name, everything works.

- When I try to call an user using it's internal telephone number ( defined in the AD ), the call is routed to the SIP gateway...and then fails.

Isn't OCS supposed to use RIN to find if a number belongs to a company user and then re-route the call internally using the user SIP address ?

Friday, November 23, 2007 4:47 PM

All replies

•  

Hi Ayashi,

You need to configure a normalization rule for internal numbers. If your user's internal number is 1234 you need to configure a normalization rule that converts that dialed number to +1 (555) 555 1234 for example (obviously this will need your correct country code, area code etc).

You must also make sure that you have configured each user with the correct line uri. It must be configured with the following format:

tel:+15555551234 (or whatever the real, full number is)

If you've done all this, OCS will route the call internally instead of sending it to the SIP gateway.

Regards,

Matt

Monday, November 26, 2007 9:08 PM