none
Can't use "find on this page" on Forums Home Page RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi,

on the Forums home page (MSDN and Microsoft) the "find on this page" box of IE behaves very strange.

The find box often produces "Text not found" results although I can sometimes even see the page is containing the word I was searching for.
    I am using IE 7 on Windows Server 2003 and have all Service Packs and Updates installed, and I'm sure that this behavior is not related to IE or the OS.

Here are two examples:

It did not find the word  "debug" (or any word that is longer like debugging, debugger, ...), the result is always  "Text not found" .
    It Even did not find  "deb"
    But it DID find  "de" !

First thought was that the Forums list could not be searched at all, but since it does find (and select) all the "de"s, wyh doesn't it also find any  "deb" ?

It also can not find  "Visual", or "vis", but it does find  "vi".

Also navigating to another part of the page, or selecting a part of it does not affect the search.

Could you please make the Forums list searchable ?

I realy like IE and don't want to have to change to Firefox just to find the words I am looking for, or to know if there is a Forum at MSDN regarding to a topic.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thursday, January 22, 2009 9:39 PM

Answers

• We're aware of this behavior in IE7 (though IE8 and FF seem to work). We are currently rewriting the UI code, and this should be fixed when we release that.

Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Monday, January 26, 2009 8:57 PM