Populating fields from an related entity RRS feed

• Question

• I have a .csv file with a column SRnumber and many other columns..  I have another .CSV file with SRnumber and SRlinenumber.
    I am creating 2 new entities for both files in CRM dynamics SRnumber(primary entity) and SRlinenumber(related entity).
    I also create a 1:N relation ship in SRnumber entity to tie to SRlinenumber.
    In the workplace when I click SRnumber records, all SRlinenumber records has to be populated.
    But it is not showing up or displaying, what else I need to do to populate the field from SRlinenumber.
    Can anyone help me?

Monday, September 21, 2009 10:03 PM

Answers

• have a look at this tutorial for the Data Migration Manager.  It will show you how to upload multiple files and link records
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Thursday, September 24, 2009 11:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, April 15, 2010 3:44 PM
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 11:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

im not shure I understand your question.
    You would display the records from SRnumber and SRlinenumber in one grid in CRM?
    In this case you have to write a little WEB-Applikation that displays the records of both entities in one grid.
    Viele Grüße

Michael Sulz
    axcentro GmbH
    MVP für Microsoft Dynamics CRM
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 6:44 AM
  • No, when I click one SRnumber record, on the left hand side there is the SRlinenumber.
    when I click again on SRlinenumber the related records(say 3 or 4) has to be shown.
    For one SRnumber there are multiple SRlinenumber records.
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 3:57 PM
  • Hi CRMAna,

Try using the data migration manager that can be found on the CRM4 installation media.
    It is quite easy to use and you can import both your csv files at once and link them together using your 'SR Number' as the primary key.
    You can also use this to create attributes for each of your columns during the import rather than manually in CRM.

If you get the import wrong, there is the facility to delete all the imported data and try again.

Hope that helps,

Rob
    CRM4 MBSS
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 8:01 PM
  • Thanks Rob, please can you elaborate how I can link SRNumber to SRLineNumber when I migrate data. I use SRNumber.csv and SRLineNumber.csv both have the SRNumber unique field but when I check in CRM after data migration I don't see SRLineNumber items populated for a SRNumber
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 1:50 AM
  • Thanks Viele, I understand how to display data in one grid but the problem is I don't see data currently in SRLine Number for respective SRNumber. Please advise. thanks
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 1:51 AM
  • have a look at this tutorial for the Data Migration Manager.  It will show you how to upload multiple files and link records
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Thursday, September 24, 2009 11:29 PM
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 11:28 PM