server error in '/' application - Temporary ASP.NET Files RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

My CRM 2011 application was working fine. today i got an error while browsing to the site.

server error in '/' application

FileNotFoundException for Temporary ASP.NET Files and the file was Microsoft.Crm.DLL

I have recycled the website, the CRMappool, IIS server. Stopped the IIS server, cleared the Temporary ASP.NET folder. But the same error persists. Short of re-installing the APP, is there something we can do?

The stack trace is given below:

Server Error in '/' Application.

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\8226853f\1e6ff009\assembly\dl3\91342859\0023fc63_6dbfcb01\Microsoft.Crm.DLL

Description:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[FileNotFoundException: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\8226853f\1e6ff009\assembly\dl3\91342859\0023fc63_6dbfcb01\Microsoft.Crm.DLL]
      System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.GetVersionInfo(String fileName) +193
      Microsoft.Crm.ProductVersion..cctor() +75

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Crm.ProductVersion' threw an exception.]
      Microsoft.Crm.ProductVersion.get_FullVersion() +0
      Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.UserIdentityAuthorizationManager.CreateType(String typeName, Type requiredBaseType) +54
      Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.BaseAuthenticationSettings.CreatePredicate(String typeName, IDictionary`2 configuration) +35
      Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationPipelineSettings.LoadPredicates(List`1 predicatesXml) +198
      Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationPipelineSettings.LoadStep(AuthenticationStepXml stepXml) +26
      Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationPipelineSettings.LoadPipeline() +675
      Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationPipelineSettings.get_AuthenticationProvider() +29
      Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationEngine.Execute(Object sender, EventArgs e) +2068
      System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +80
      System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +266

Monday, March 7, 2011 10:50 PM

Answers

• This was an access issue. The CRMAppPool didn't have admin access on the CRM Webserver. Somehow it was overlooked.

Once it was granted local admin rights, the issue went away.

To be noted, the CRM_WPG had full permission on the Temporary ASP.Net and CRMAPPPOOL account was a member of this group.

• Marked as answer by AniMandal Tuesday, March 8, 2011 10:01 PM
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 10:01 PM

All replies

• This looks pretty bad to me.  I can't say that I have seen it before.  I would backup your Org database and reinstall the app server, then re-attach the organization if someone else doesn't chime in with a better idea in the next day or so.

Did you try rebooting the app and sql servers?

Jamie Miley
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 2:32 AM
  • This was an access issue. The CRMAppPool didn't have admin access on the CRM Webserver. Somehow it was overlooked.

Once it was granted local admin rights, the issue went away.

To be noted, the CRM_WPG had full permission on the Temporary ASP.Net and CRMAPPPOOL account was a member of this group.

• Marked as answer by AniMandal Tuesday, March 8, 2011 10:01 PM
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 10:01 PM