SDK in download format RRS feed

• Question

• I am interested in looking at the WHS SDK, but all I have found so far is a link to the MSDN pages. Do I have to visit each page in turn and print it, or is all the documentation available as a single download?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Simon
    Wednesday, April 25, 2007 8:48 PM

Answers

• The documentation does not currently appear to be available as a single download. To review it off line, you'll have to print each page individually.
    Wednesday, April 25, 2007 9:21 PM

All replies

• The documentation does not currently appear to be available as a single download. To review it off line, you'll have to print each page individually.
    Wednesday, April 25, 2007 9:21 PM
  • +1 as a request for this
    Friday, May 4, 2007 12:38 PM
  • As luck would have it, I just read about a possible answer to this in the MSDN newsletter.  Here's a tool that should allow you to roll your own help file (.chm) from MSDN content.  I haven't tried it out yet- if anyone does, please let us know.  I believe it requires VS2005 among other things- check the prerequisites.

http://www.codeplex.com/packagethis

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 5:42 PM
  • Thanks for the info. I used this to generate a single CHM file for all the SDK info. If the MS guys have no objections then I will post a link else I'll have to keep it for myself.

Simon

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 10:14 PM
  • I put a copy up on my blog at:
    http://www.edholloway.com/archive/2007/05/25/MSDN-Online-Content-to-Offline-Help-File.aspx

(if it is an issue, I will be glad to remove it)

Thanks to MDodich for pointing out Package This
    Friday, May 25, 2007 8:50 PM
  • Please remember to keep your download up-to-date as the SDK gets updated.  There will be a document posted to the Connect site that explains changes since CTP when the RC build gets released.  And the SDK will get updated when the RTM build gets released.
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 10:50 PM
  • Will Do.  I see that the RC was just dropped - congrats on that!!

I'll keep an eye and update the .chm when new SDK changes are posted to Connect.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 7:17 PM
  • Great post Ed.  I've downloaded the .chm and also subscribed to your blog so I won't miss other great tips.

[I know I'm not forwarding the conversation here, and I'll desist in the future, but I had to say how pleased I was with the quality of the information you provided along with the result.]

Thursday, June 14, 2007 10:22 PM
  • Nice Work, Thx
    Thursday, June 28, 2007 8:48 AM