none
Upgrade or new certification path? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I am wondering what would be better, to do an upgrade path for my MCITP Business Intelligence 2008 or to do a new certification path for MCSE: Business Intelligence?

Regards, Tom

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:42 AM

Answers

• It depends on whether you want to do 3 exams (457, 458, 460) or 5 exams (461, 462, 463, 466, 467).  Either way will get you the same result and I really don't think one path is better than the other from a technical perspective.  That said, upgrade exams are generally a little more difficult as they contain a number of sub-sections and if you fail one section, you fail the whole exam.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

• Marked as answer by TomvdW Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:22 AM
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:09 AM

All replies

• It depends on whether you want to do 3 exams (457, 458, 460) or 5 exams (461, 462, 463, 466, 467).  Either way will get you the same result and I really don't think one path is better than the other from a technical perspective.  That said, upgrade exams are generally a little more difficult as they contain a number of sub-sections and if you fail one section, you fail the whole exam.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

• Marked as answer by TomvdW Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:22 AM
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:09 AM
  • Thanks Mr. Wharty, in that case I think I will do the normal certification path with the 5 exams.

Regards,

Tom van de Weerdt

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:32 AM