none
Soapbox Not Showing up

Question

• Hello,

I used windows live writer once and everything was fine.  Now when I try to upload a video by using Insert Video and then clicking on the FROM FILE tab, I don't see the option to upload to SOAPBOX.  The only thing there is YouTube, which I don't want to use.  How can I fix this? Thanks!
    Friday, July 31, 2009 10:17 PM

All replies

• Sadly, Soapbox service has been discontinued.  We are searching for other alternatives to use in our next version besides YouTube.
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Monday, August 03, 2009 4:01 PM
  • Sadly, Soapbox service has been discontinued.  We are searching for other alternatives to use in our next version besides YouTube.
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]

I'm confused. Soapbox seems to be working just fine, so are you saying that Soapbox itself is gone (or going away), or that you removed soapbox from Live Writer? I just uploaded some videos to soapbox a minute ago.
    Saturday, August 08, 2009 9:51 PM
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]

I'm confused. Soapbox seems to be working just fine, so are you saying that Soapbox itself is gone (or going away), or that you removed soapbox from Live Writer? I just uploaded some videos to soapbox a minute ago.

Nevermind. I just tried to play the video I uploaded and got a warning message.

Soapbox will be gone as of 8/31/09.

Sadness! I loved that everything was integrated and worked with my single sign-on. If I could vote to have video hosting built into my Spaces account that would be cool.
    Saturday, August 08, 2009 9:52 PM
  • Thanks for letting me know. I thought I messed something up since soapbox didn't even show up on Live Writer.  I can't wait to see what alternative you pick besides YouTube.
    Monday, August 10, 2009 3:10 AM