Quick campaign Question RRS feed

• Question

• All,

I have created a quick campaign in crm for an open house we are having. We want to monitor the sales generated.  How does one do that?
    in the sales order there is a campaign source but it is grayed out and you cannot use function. I can see the process of creating a response but these are existing accounts already in crm. doing the response and then the order seems like a long time making a customer hang around for.

Thanks for you responses
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 3:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The fastest way to close the marketing loop with a sales is creating a sales opportunity from the activity created via quick campaing. So, if you created phone calls in your quick campaign, go to them and select "Convert" from the menu. Choose "opportunity" and you will have an opportunity created from the quick campaign.The source quick campaign will be copied to the quote and order and, as you said, will be grayed out, as this cannot be changed.

I hope that helps,
    Kuba Skalbania
    -- Kuba Skałbania, Netwise
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 3:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The fastest way to close the marketing loop with a sales is creating a sales opportunity from the activity created via quick campaing. So, if you created phone calls in your quick campaign, go to them and select "Convert" from the menu. Choose "opportunity" and you will have an opportunity created from the quick campaign.The source quick campaign will be copied to the quote and order and, as you said, will be grayed out, as this cannot be changed.

I hope that helps,
    Kuba Skalbania
    -- Kuba Skałbania, Netwise
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 3:44 PM
  • I guess I don't understand why that would be grayed out, it seems like the easiest way to track the success of the campaign.
    Could you imagine a customer looking at you when you are trying to get all this done?

I was thinking about going into the quick campaign and and writing in repsones for each of them and in the subject line putting dollar amounts to track ROI.
    This really seems loopy to me. Maybe I am confused

thank you very much for your response
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:03 PM