I had a paid subscription to live one care but had to reformat my hard drive RRS feed

• Question

• My sister bought a 3 computer subsription to live one care and I used one of her 3 to subscribe my computer.  I have her email and password.  I had to reformat my hard drive and went to reinstall live one care.  It keeps asking for a 20 digit(or so) code.  I do not have this as there was no cd used to install this.  I have put through 3 emails to live one care help and all I get is that email saying they will get to me within 24 hours.  This has never happened and I think microsoft help is a piece of $%^&.  I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what to do.  I still have 40 days on the trial, but I should not have to pay Microsoft  for something they already are compensated for.

Thursday, October 2, 2008 12:57 AM

Answers

• You are most likely using the incorrect Live ID and password. Ask your sister to open One Care, click "Help"  then "About Windows Live One Care". She will then be able to view the Live ID associated with her One Care account.

Thursday, October 2, 2008 1:18 AM