MCSA/MCSE versus MCITP EA / SA RRS feed

• Question

• i hold both MCSE and MCSA 2003... Should i be looking at MCITP EA and SA?

Some people say that is the new MCSE and MCSA.i don't understand because nobody in a interview asks for MCITP EA /SA

Thursday, September 24, 2009 9:25 PM

Answers

• Firstly ,I think MCITP EA /SA is not the new MCSA or MCSE. and they are not equal !!

Server 2k8 has been born ,to keep pace with the latest technology ,many of MCSA or MCSE exams has been retired .however ,there is no mCSe /mcsa 2008 ,so ,you can consider mcitp or mcts .
    Besides ,i think microsoft won't release a certificate that is not in the market.
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Friday, January 8, 2010 6:00 AM
    Friday, September 25, 2009 1:26 AM
  • Basically MS felt like changing a well understood, historical precedent for absolutely no valid reason whatsoever. All this change serves to do is confuse people. Just get the MCITP: EA. It's the highest level professional certification for Windows Server 2008. Nobody asks for MCITP because no one knows what it is yet. People know the term MCSE, no one knows MCITP because MS hasn't put the effort into getting the word out that this is how they've restructured their certifications.

The EA is not a superset of SA like the MCSE was a superset of MCSA. They have slightly different foci, but there's really no point to getting both as far as I can see. EA is higher so that's the one I'm going for personally.
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Friday, January 8, 2010 6:01 AM
    Friday, September 25, 2009 1:45 AM
  • At the moment the MCITP: SA & EA are not as in demand as the MCSA/MCSE simply because the currently the majority of organisations are still using 2003 as their server OS.  Give it time (eg a few years) and more companies will be making the move.

Yes the MCITP: SA & EA replaces the MCSA/MCSE, however that does not mean that they are the same thing.  Unlike the MCSA & MCSE where the MCSE was higher than the MCSA (and like CM above said that the MCSA was a subset of the MCSE), the MCITP: SA & EA are the same level qualification but aimed at different jobs.
    -Ken | http://ken.wagnerfamily.co.uk
    Friday, September 25, 2009 5:33 AM

All replies

• Firstly ,I think MCITP EA /SA is not the new MCSA or MCSE. and they are not equal !!

Server 2k8 has been born ,to keep pace with the latest technology ,many of MCSA or MCSE exams has been retired .however ,there is no mCSe /mcsa 2008 ,so ,you can consider mcitp or mcts .
    Besides ,i think microsoft won't release a certificate that is not in the market.
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Friday, January 8, 2010 6:00 AM
    Friday, September 25, 2009 1:26 AM
  • Basically MS felt like changing a well understood, historical precedent for absolutely no valid reason whatsoever. All this change serves to do is confuse people. Just get the MCITP: EA. It's the highest level professional certification for Windows Server 2008. Nobody asks for MCITP because no one knows what it is yet. People know the term MCSE, no one knows MCITP because MS hasn't put the effort into getting the word out that this is how they've restructured their certifications.

The EA is not a superset of SA like the MCSE was a superset of MCSA. They have slightly different foci, but there's really no point to getting both as far as I can see. EA is higher so that's the one I'm going for personally.
    Friday, September 25, 2009 1:45 AM
  • At the moment the MCITP: SA & EA are not as in demand as the MCSA/MCSE simply because the currently the majority of organisations are still using 2003 as their server OS.  Give it time (eg a few years) and more companies will be making the move.

Yes the MCITP: SA & EA replaces the MCSA/MCSE, however that does not mean that they are the same thing.  Unlike the MCSA & MCSE where the MCSE was higher than the MCSA (and like CM above said that the MCSA was a subset of the MCSE), the MCITP: SA & EA are the same level qualification but aimed at different jobs.
    -Ken | http://ken.wagnerfamily.co.uk
    Friday, September 25, 2009 5:33 AM