[HELP] 2 times sync using download & upload direction RRS feed

• Question

• Here's the case:
    I got a MS SQL Server (say its server1) and already success on download synchronize to a SQL CE database file.
    The next step is i'm going to synchronize the SQL CE file to another MS SQL server (lets say server2).
    the thing is, the syncronize service doesn't recognize the records i've already downloaded before.

is there any params to set that the SQL CE file is NOT the end of synchronization?
    because i've tried to manual insert to the SQL CE file, and when i the sync process start,
    the new row i've inserted before recognized as "new row" and uploaded to server2...

Anyone can help please?

Here's the scheme to help understanding my problem (sorry i havent got much ASCII art here)

before synchronization databases status:
    - server1 (using MS SQL Server), inserted 3 new rows for table A
    - SqlCeFile (using MS SQL CE), empty
    - server2 (using MS SQL Server), empty

step 1: sync from server1 to SqlCeFile, download only direction
    server1 [download only sync] -----> SqlCeFile ==> successfully synchronized 3 rows

step 2: sync from SqlCeFile to server2, upload only direction
    SqlCeFile [upload only sync] ----> server2 (MS SQL Server) ==> doesn't apply anything to server2

end of synchronization databases status:
    - server1, 3 rows on table A
    - SqlCeFile, 3 rows on table A (result from step 1)
    - server2, remains empty (there's no result from step 2)

Note : i just want the sql ce file contains changes from server1, not all data needed to download, so the sql ce file is just a carrier for changes only...

Thanks in advance..

Regards,
    Duckzringz

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 7:49 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Tuesday, May 6, 2008 7:22 AM

Answers

•  

the reason there is no rows sent to the server2 during step2 is that the client doesn't enumerate local changes. this is expected behavior since there is no local changes in the sql ce file.

what you described is actually a peer to peer sync scenario. this scenario is not supported in the client-server providers.

thanks

Yunwen

Thursday, May 8, 2008 12:51 AM

All replies

•  

the reason there is no rows sent to the server2 during step2 is that the client doesn't enumerate local changes. this is expected behavior since there is no local changes in the sql ce file.

what you described is actually a peer to peer sync scenario. this scenario is not supported in the client-server providers.

thanks

Yunwen

Thursday, May 8, 2008 12:51 AM
  • Yes, i think you're right..
    Because when i do "something" on the client, like update or insert, the changes successfully synchronized.
    Do you think of something that can help me with this?
    Thanks Yunwen

regards
    Thursday, May 8, 2008 1:57 AM