Unable to login to launchpad after KB2686857 RRS feed

• Question

• Installed the hotfix that was supposed to fix my "monitoring errors" on WHS 2011. After the installation and the requested reboot my client can no longer login via Lanchpad. Lanchpad says it appears my server if offline and offers offline login.

But I can open the dashboard and under computers I see that all the client computers are marked as offline even though they are on.

The fix was supposed to upgrade the clients automatically, but somehow that seems to have failed. I'd rather not uninstall and reinstall the WHS connector on each client if thats possible.

Update: Did a uninstall and reinstall of the connector on one of the clients, and that fixed the issue. But I was under the impression that this was unnecessary.  

Sunday, April 15, 2012 5:18 PM

All replies

• Automatic upgrading of the clients isn't instantaneous; I'm pretty sure it happens during the client's next backup. If you want an instant update, you can do as you did, or you should be able to simply go to http://server/connect and install the update without uninstalling.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Sunday, April 15, 2012 5:32 PM
  • Ok thank you. I'll let the clients be for a day and see what happens.

DIY WHS 2011 with Intel Q9450 (quad core), 8 GB ram and 6 HDD's pooled with Stablebit Drive Pool.

Sunday, April 15, 2012 5:59 PM