Hub gets red warning that laptop firewall is down RRS feed

• Question

• I realize that this may have been discussed, but I'm am visually impaired and cannot read through all the postings here.

My hub PC continually gives me a red warning, and says that the laptop's firewall and virus protection are off.  Usually this happens when the laptop is turned off.  Of course, even when I have powered up the laptop to check, it has been on the whole time.  It doesn't do this with my older XP computer.  It seems like others have had this problem.  Is this something that will be fixed?
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 3:08 AM

Answers

• I found that when I came into the forum, but it's hard to find an answer given the number of replies.  Do you know if anyone came up with an answer?

Unfortunately, there is no specific answer.
    Jim's solution is one of the suggested ones in that thread.

Some people have reported that reinstalling OneCare on the PC being reported in the hub as having an issue solves it. others have also had to reinstall on the hub PC.

And others have never been able to solve it, so they simply change the hub PC to not be a hub since each PC is actually correctly reporting on each PC, just not the hub.

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Friday, August 14, 2009 1:06 AM

All replies

• See this thread regarding incorrect status reporting - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecaremultipcmanagement/thread/957e8933-bb14-48c6-81d6-f2b0b5795ab4
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 4:48 PM
  • I found that when I came into the forum, but it's hard to find an answer given the number of replies.  Do you know if anyone came up with an answer?
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 7:51 PM
  • I don't know that there is a good answer but I removed my laptop from my One Care Circle. My laptop was off or sleeping more than it was on and I never could get accurate status reports.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 10:10 PM

Unfortunately, there is no specific answer.
    Jim's solution is one of the suggested ones in that thread.

Some people have reported that reinstalling OneCare on the PC being reported in the hub as having an issue solves it. others have also had to reinstall on the hub PC.

And others have never been able to solve it, so they simply change the hub PC to not be a hub since each PC is actually correctly reporting on each PC, just not the hub.

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Friday, August 14, 2009 1:06 AM