Maplestory and Windows Vista RRS feed

• Question

• First of all, Windows Vista is a very nice operating system, in comparison to Xp it is certainly a step up.  I do have one problem though, for some reason when i load the game Maplestory the in game experience is odd, the game will run smoothly for 5-6 seconds, then ill be playing in slow motion for 5-6 secs.  I have an AMD Turion 64 x2 processor 2 ghz, 2gb ram 200 gb hard drive laptop, the videocard is 128 dedicated ati radeon.  So i know the pc should run the game as smoothly as my other laptop does with xp, i was wondering if you had any advice for me. thank you
    Friday, February 8, 2008 3:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Ken,

You may also try posting your question in the Maplestory forums and see if anyone else has had this issue or has a workaround.

The reason Carey suggested posting in the Vista Newgroups is that this forum is for Vista Vaidation and Activation issues and as such, you question is outside our area of support.

Sorry we couldn't be more help,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Friday, February 8, 2008 7:24 PM
  • I've seen this problem in a lot of places, and i posted a response to a problem *similar* to this a while back. I saved my response because i know i'd see the problem again and i want a solution for my laptop as well.

Here's the post i had made, directly copy-pasted:
    --Start of Post--
    Okay, search "AMD Turion Maple Story" on google if you don't believe this.

Vista is NOT the main source for all the new maple lag problems.
    OMGWTFBBQsauce? You heard right, it isn't.

I have a PC that runs maple fine (specs below), but my whole family uses it, so my parents got me a laptop as a X-mas present (specs below). Only problem: maple is REALLY laggy.

PC specs:
    XP SP 2
    1gig of ram
    Okay vid card/sound card etc
    Celeron Processor
    low def, bulky screen

Laptop specs:
    Vista
    2gig ram
    Better vid/sound/etc cards
    high def widescreen
    AMD turion processor (dual core)

Now, take away the things that can't be the problem...

XP SP2 vs Vista
    * cards vs * cards
    Celeron vs Turion

Looking at similar problems kill off the * cards differences. That and the same company made both of mine.

XP SP 2 vs Vista
    Celeron vs Turion

Now, here's something you probably didn't know. If you're using vista, check this out:

1) Right click on maple, go to properties
    2) go to 'Compatibility'
    3) look at the 'Compatibility Mode' Area.

Wow look! You can run maple as if it was on an XP computer! Now look at the list:

Celeron vs Turion

And the google search just proves it. Too many incidents to be a coincidence.

--End of Post--

Microsoft, solution please?
    Tuesday, March 11, 2008 10:32 PM