none
The delay from NNTP bridge RRS feed

• Question

• It seems that this problem has been fixed. When I posted from the NNTP bridge in another forum, I saw my post when I refreshed my web browser just seconds later.

Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se
    Friday, February 8, 2013 11:06 PM

Answers

All replies

• I don't think it is fixed. In the forum's interface I saw this thread http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/transactsql/thread/f0f1efb1-bf51-4334-97ed-672251f88501

that showed 0 responses. When I opened it, I saw your response from 16 hours ago. So, in the forum's view that reply was not visible, but it was visible inside the thread.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Sunday, February 10, 2013 3:41 AM
  • This is another thread showing the same problem

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/transactsql/thread/82d5b201-2125-4c64-8494-831aac8c76d2

I didn't see you as last person in the forum's view. Your reply was shown when I opened the thread. Therefore, I guess there is still a chance to miss your replies as they do not show in the forum's view.

My blog

Sunday, February 10, 2013 4:53 AM
  • That may be a different problem. I experienced some weeks ago that I was unable to find another thread through the contents listing.

For what it's worth, there is a thread entitled "Doing some processing for data collected with SQL Server Data collector" where I am listed as the last person in the thread. Might be because you propsed my last reply as answer, though. (Which clearly is incorrect, because it does not help the original poster very much.)

Sunday, February 10, 2013 11:01 AM
  • "Erland Sommarskog [MVP]" wrote in message news:9e5391f1-7299-473a-9eac-1ad614b32e3c@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

That may be a different problem. I experienced some weeks ago that I was unable to find another thread through the contents listing.

For what it's worth, there is a thread entitled "Doing some processing for data collected with SQL Server Data collector" where I am listed as the last person in the thread. Might be because you propsed my last reply as answer, though. (Which clearly is incorrect, because it does not help the original poster very much.)

Based on my (limited) testing in the MVP test forum, things look better (but I have thought so in the past, and I have been wrong). If this reply shows up, then something may have improved...

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    Sunday, February 10, 2013 2:38 PM
  • Not only did your reply show up, but it is also the most recently on the
    contents page for the forum. And you did use the bridge?

Sunday, February 10, 2013 2:45 PM
  • Another strange case

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/transactsql/thread/798bf51f-3917-4280-b00b-91326da3a21b

This thread shows 2 replies (and it does indeed has only 2) with Dan's last reply. However, your reply is the last one in this thread.

My blog

Sunday, February 10, 2013 3:34 PM
  • "Erland Sommarskog [MVP]" wrote in message news:8baeaaff-4513-49fd-8de1-93229749453f@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Not only did your reply show up, but it is also the most recently on the contents page for the forum. And you did use the bridge?

Yes, I tested with the Bridge, using Windows Live Mail 2012 as my newsreader. You can tell if you look at the internet headers in the message source.

I was hoping for a follow-up in one of the earlier threads on the topic, but maybe it will turn up in a few days. In the meantime, I’ll keep my fingers crossed. :-)

Sunday, February 10, 2013 6:09 PM
  • Go to the Transact-SQL forum and check the very second thread from the top (right now). Who's reply shows as the last one?

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/transactsql/thread/25de1ba9-d8c1-4548-84a7-5472a5f3a760

I see Stefan as the last person responded but no surprise, when I opened that thread, I saw Erland's response.

My blog

Sunday, February 10, 2013 7:57 PM
  • "Naomi N" wrote in message news:55aa2308-15b4-4477-9478-3dd952d8d92e@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Go to the Transact-SQL forum and check the very second thread from the top (right now). Who's reply shows as the last one?

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/transactsql/thread/25de1ba9-d8c1-4548-84a7-5472a5f3a760

I see Stefan as the last person responded but no surprise, when I opened that thread, I saw Erland's response.

It seems to display correctly now, with the last post by Stefan Hoffmann?

Sunday, February 10, 2013 8:29 PM
  • You're right, I revisited that thread and I see that Stefan's reply was 2 minutes later than Erland's, so it that case it was correct.

My blog

Sunday, February 10, 2013 10:51 PM