Outlook express compacting folder(s) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    Windows XP Professional
    Outlook Express 6

I'm trying to make compact message for an folder but I got the following message:

"The Folder is currently in use by Outlook Express or by another application"

Any help  please...

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 9:15 AM

All replies

• Hello I have the same problem, from a long time ago, hope to receive a help!!

I have OE 6.0.2600.0000 with Win XP Media Center Edition and HP pcm 7060n

Regards

Gus

Sunday, April 15, 2007 10:10 PM
  • Hello, I have a ticket with Microsoft since 2 weeks ago, and as per their response they said that you cannot increase the capacity of the default data file of outlook express, below is the message as I received:

Hi Rabih,

The 2GB limit is set by Outlook and there is no way of extending the maximum size of this to allow more space. The only thing to do is to create .PST folders to store the information but again each .pst that you create has a maximum space of 2GBs.

To create a .pst;

Select File/ Data File Management/ Add. Then select the type of .pst that you want to use and the space where you will be storing the .pst as well.

Regards,

Scott Blaikie

EDB Support.

This is the  original message from me:

Summary problem:
        I'm not able to retrieve my e-mail into outlook express 6.

Details Problem: 
       The DBX size of my inbox is 2,097,146 KB (2 GB) I think I exceed the default size of DBX data file and that's why I'm not able to pull my e-mails, I'm trying to make compact folder but I surprised when I got an error message which is "The folder is currently in use by outlook express or by another application".

Suggestion:
       I believe if you found a solution to increase the default size of DBX file, I think the above matter will solve.

Please Note: 
       My friend and the It has been encounter the same issue yesterday and to avoid the problem together we create a folder and we move the old e-mails in order to make space in the inbox. but it isn't the proper way to solve my issue.
    Monday, April 16, 2007 1:51 PM