Multiple Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am an owner of an internet cafe and i have Windows XP. Now i want to upgrade to Windows 7 Pro (60 pc). What is the best and economic way to do that. I have to note that before a few months we changed the cases of the computers and we dont have the sticks of windows xp on them now (I have the invoice only for them).

Monday, November 28, 2011 11:49 AM

Answers

• "Ch Pakis" wrote in message news:bef1b8cd-d458-4fbe-91a8-fb628818c4dd...

Hello,

I am an owner of an internet cafe and i have Windows XP. Now i want to upgrade to Windows 7 Pro (60 pc). What is the best and economic way to do that. I have to note that before a few months we changed the cases of the computers and we dont have the sticks of windows xp on them now (I have the invoice only for them).

You would be better asking this in a more appropriate forum – the problem is, I’m not sure which one to send you to! :)

With 60 licenses, there’s no doubt that you should be using Volume Licensing – the problem comes with the fact that ALL Volume licenses are Upgrades, and you seemingly threw away your COA Keys (which form part of the existing license) with the old cases. If these machines are relatively recent, then they should have SLIC tables present, which may be sufficient proof for this purpose, so all is not lost.
    You should contact a Volume distributor to discuss your options. Start here to learn more....

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, November 29, 2011 7:24 PM
    Monday, November 28, 2011 12:05 PM

All replies

• "Ch Pakis" wrote in message news:bef1b8cd-d458-4fbe-91a8-fb628818c4dd...

Hello,

You would be better asking this in a more appropriate forum – the problem is, I’m not sure which one to send you to! :)

With 60 licenses, there’s no doubt that you should be using Volume Licensing – the problem comes with the fact that ALL Volume licenses are Upgrades, and you seemingly threw away your COA Keys (which form part of the existing license) with the old cases. If these machines are relatively recent, then they should have SLIC tables present, which may be sufficient proof for this purpose, so all is not lost.
    You should contact a Volume distributor to discuss your options. Start here to learn more....

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, November 29, 2011 7:24 PM
    Monday, November 28, 2011 12:05 PM
  • In your case, it would make more sense to purchase 60 new PCs that come with Windows 7 Professional preinstalled. Examples

Carey Frisch
    Monday, November 28, 2011 6:40 PM