Unresponsive Belkin Network USB Hub upon uninstall of One Care RRS feed

• Question

• i have employed a Belkin Network USB Hub in my network under Vista for some time with a printer and flashdrive attached.  Once I figured out how to configure the Hub with One Care, it worked perfectly.  However, upon the discontinuation of support, I uninstalled One Care, uploaded and installed Microsoft Essentials as directed.  Now, the Belkin hub "sees" the flash drive (but won't connect) and doesn't "see" the printer at all.  Has anyone else had this problem?  WMDB. 
    Friday, July 16, 2010 6:34 PM

Answers

• I suggest contacting Belkin. Once you removed OneCare, the OneCare firewall was removed. I suspect that you simply need to configure File and Printer Sharing in Windows as MSE (forums here - http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/mse) does not have a firewall.

I assume that the belkin device is basically a "server" that hosts the connected printer and flash drive, but requires a driver on the local PC to make the attached devices be usable.  Perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling the Belkin software and following their basic setup instructions will set things right for you.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Friday, July 16, 2010 6:58 PM