Bing Map keys for localhost RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I got bing maps AJAX v7 local app to luanch and to show on my mobile phone via the phone's browser by using a map key targetted to a hosting server. But the maps stop showing up. I throught in might the map key. So, I tried the create a new one. The key page offers no keys to be tied to the localhost browser device.

What can I do?

Sincerely,

King

King Coffee

• Moved by Bob Shen Monday, September 10, 2012 6:22 AM (From:Visual C# General)
    Sunday, September 9, 2012 2:08 PM

Answers

• Hi King Coffee,

I think you might require a Bing Maps account. Normally those apps sample that you downloaded and is working, they are using someone else's Bing Maps key. Most people just continue using it, it's like using a photo hosted on someone else's server.

https://www.bingmapsportal.com/

You can create an account and get your Bing Maps key on the above site. Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Wen Bin

• Proposed as answer by kongwenbin Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Thursday, September 20, 2012 1:34 PM
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 3:53 AM

All replies

• Hi King, 

Thank you for visiting the MSDN forum. I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum about this issue. I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Bob Shen [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, September 10, 2012 6:22 AM
  • Hi King Coffee,

I think you might require a Bing Maps account. Normally those apps sample that you downloaded and is working, they are using someone else's Bing Maps key. Most people just continue using it, it's like using a photo hosted on someone else's server.

https://www.bingmapsportal.com/

You can create an account and get your Bing Maps key on the above site. Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Wen Bin

• Proposed as answer by kongwenbin Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Thursday, September 20, 2012 1:34 PM
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 3:53 AM