CRM 2015: Automatically create list items RRS feed

• Question

• I am very new to CRM. We are using CRM 2015 on-prem. One of the situation we have is that we want to import pdf files from a folder automatically and create a new list item. For example, we have a list called Forms and a folder somewhere on the server where all the new forms coming to us will be saved in pdf format.

So in every few mins i want CRM to import the pdf files from the folder and create a new list item for each of those and attach those pdfs to that new list item. 

I want to do same thing for a fax, so whenever a new fax is coming, the CRM should create a new list item and attach the fax to that new list item (the list item fields can be empty initially, but we can manually enter data later on).

Do I have to write some code for it or I can do it within the CRM without writing any code? Or is there a plugin I should use.

Please help!

Thanks

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 10:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Sam,

It sounds like you are going to need to write a C# tool which will connect with CRM and upload the documents against new Form record. Unless you are using SharePoint integration, you will need to make sure Notes are enabled for the Form entity, and attach the PDF document to the Note, which is then linked to the Form record.

I don't know of any existing tool to perform this task, so I think you're on your own on this one sorry! If you get stuck while writing this tool feel free to come back and ask specific questions so we can help you out further.

~ Nathan

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 4:25 AM
  • Thanks alot Nathan. I will try writing the tool.
    Thursday, June 2, 2016 8:16 PM

• Have your fax and forms be sent as an email to a CRM queue for processing. You can often configure fax-to-email in your fax machine. I believe you can also configure your PDF with a send as email button once the form is completed.

Add a button on top of the email form that fires a Dialog that will ask for the additional information, create a "New form" record and attach the original email to it for reference.

This solution would be codeless and very clean I believe.

Sylvain Hamel

Friday, June 3, 2016 1:05 PM