Schedule all stops for same time duration RRS feed

• Question

• I am using MS S&T 2011.  It is my third version, I have been using it since the 2008 edition.  I am still waiting for MS to incorporate a feature that should be a basic element of this program.  I have written them about this and frankly, it's quite infuriating that they have not yet made this simple fix.

My business causes me to make as many as 25-30 stops per day.  Most of these stops are about 15 mins long, but a few are 30 or 60 mins.  It is important for me to have a sense of where I will be at what time in the day, so I can set appts with clients if necessary.  The feature I want to see in MS S&T is a simple one:

ALLOW USERS TO SET THE SAME DURATION TIME FOR ALL STOPS, THEN EDIT INDIVIDUAL STOPS AS NEEDED.  Without this, I have to set each stop individually, which is a GIANT pain in the butt.

As I said, this seems to be such a simple feature to incorporate, and one that is necessary for professional users of MS S&T.  If this capability is in the program, I'm not seeing it, and I'd love it if someone could show mr where it is.

Thanks!

Thursday, April 14, 2011 12:04 AM

All replies

• Hi SJBliss,

No, you are not overlooking it. Such feature is not presently present in the product. I've heard numerous users asking for it over the years though.

Laptop GPS World
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 12:16 AM
  • Hi SJBliss,

No, you are not overlooking it. Such feature is not presently present in the product. I've heard numerous users asking for it over the years though.

Laptop GPS World

Mr. Halvac:

If your users are asking for this, WHY DON'T YOU ADD IT??  I am not a programmer, but this seems like an extremely simple feature to add.  PLEASE tell me you have made this change in a patch I can download somewhere.

SJ Bliss

Friday, December 2, 2011 1:33 AM
  • Hi SJ, I'd love to, but I don't work for MSFT :-)
    Laptop GPS World
    Friday, December 2, 2011 2:49 AM
  • I note that Gladwin of Microsoft agreed more than three years ago over on Laptop GPS World that this would be a good idea, so I think we can conclude that it is on MSFT's "radar" for possible future implementation. 
    Friday, December 2, 2011 10:17 PM
  • The following is a link to the discussion Philip has referred to: http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/985-schedule-stop-length-all-stops-streets-trips
    Laptop GPS World
    Friday, December 2, 2011 10:31 PM
  • The following is a link to the discussion Philip has referred to: http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/985-schedule-stop-length-all-stops-streets-trips
    Laptop GPS World

I saw this.  That poor guy is as frustrated as I am, esp with some of the idiotic responses he got from people who can't read past one sentence.

Who can I write to at MS S&T about this?  Don't they ever monitor these forums?

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 2:45 AM
  • OK, someone PLEASE tell me it's in S&T 2013!
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 1:52 PM