Lockdown reg key in LMConsole.msi RRS feed

• Question

•  

When I deployed the LM 2005 client/console I used an MST to set the Lockdown registry key by modifing the property LOCKDOWNFLAGS from -2 to 1

I've attempted to do the same thing with the LM 2007 console but the lockdown flag key is not getting created by the MSI.  I have tried the command line method that also worked on version 2005.

Command line: msiexec /i lmconsole.msi LOCKDOWNFLAGS=1

2005 lockdownflag key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Live Meeting\v7\Lockdown]
    "Flags"=dword:00000001

2007 lockdownflag key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Live Meeting\8.0]

"Lockdown"=dword:00000001

The 2005 deployment guide included instructions on how to do this but these instructions are not in the 2007 guide that I have.  Has anyone been sucessful in setting this key by using the LOCKDOWNFLAGS property in the MSI?

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 7:31 PM

All replies

• I am having the same problem, and I cannot find anything documented for the 2007 version except to set the registry key manually (through a .MST transform).  It seems like a whole different team built the 2007 version from the ground up - and the documentation is severely lacking detail.  No MSI properties listed whatsoever...

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 5:46 PM