Will not let me back up RRS feed

• Question

• I installed live oncare yesterday,today when going on line it is telling me that my status is fair.When I go to configure back up it says that one care cannot change back up configuration- to change tour back up configuration onecare needs to be connected to theinternet.When it goes to back upplan for all pcs- the righting is in grey and will not let me change anything.

Iam online at the time trying to change this.

Help

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 6:10 PM

Answers

• If OneCare is only installed on one PC, then don't use the plan for all PCs. Skip past that option.

Open OneCare

Click Change Settings

backup tab

Click Configure Backup

Click change settings in the lower left

Make sure that the first screen for Centralized Backup has "No Centralized backup" selected

Click your PC on the left.

Uncheck the selection for "Turn on backup for this PC."

Click Next and save the revised plan.

To save the plan, you must be connected to the Internet. If you are, but continue to get an error that you are not, please contact support to determine what is blocking the connectivity.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 6:17 PM

All replies

• If OneCare is only installed on one PC, then don't use the plan for all PCs. Skip past that option.

Open OneCare

Click Change Settings

backup tab

Click Configure Backup

Click change settings in the lower left

Make sure that the first screen for Centralized Backup has "No Centralized backup" selected

Click your PC on the left.

Uncheck the selection for "Turn on backup for this PC."

Click Next and save the revised plan.

To save the plan, you must be connected to the Internet. If you are, but continue to get an error that you are not, please contact support to determine what is blocking the connectivity.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 6:17 PM
  • I get as far as configure Backup but then get the message- to change your back up configuration onecare needs to connect to the internet.to view your current configuration without making changes click ok.Otherwise click cancel and check your network connection and try again.

Iam online network connection is fine so what sthe prob ???????

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 6:28 PM
  •  

help or will buy new and not this one
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 6:34 PM
  • That last post fom squibbo02 was nothing to do with me so ignore.

Does this software run on windows xp or just vista

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 6:46 PM
  • squibb02, this is a community forum, support can be reached per the instructions here:

I'm sorry that you are having this problem, but something is either preventing OneCare from making a connection to the server or there is a problem with the server. My fellow moderators and I are customers like you, we don't work for Microsoft.

-steve

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 6:47 PM
  • Cheers for link

Should onecare work on widows xp ?

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 6:56 PM
  • Ah, I missed that you were squibbo and that other post was squibbo02!

Yes, OneCare should work on XP as long as it is up to date with at least SP2 and is the 32 bit (x86) version. XP64 is not supported. Of course, the other system requirements must also be met regarding minimum memory and disk space free.

-steve

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 7:03 PM