CRM 2011: Trouble registering plugin RRS feed

• Question

• I upgraded my CRM 4 plugins to CRM 2011 and when I try to register using the plugin registration tool I get this error:

Plug-in assembly does not contain the required types or assembly content cannot be updated

My namespace, class, and dll name all remained the same. I removed all references to CRM 4 dll's and tried using an on disk registration with the same results. Any idea what I'm missing?

Thursday, May 12, 2011 4:30 PM

Answers

• I worked with Msft support and we finally tracked it down to needing the microsoft.xrm.client.dll in the CRMWeb\bin and Server\bin folders. Hopefully this will help someone else resolve this issue.
    • Marked as answer by MrKrabs Friday, May 13, 2011 9:11 PM
    Friday, May 13, 2011 9:11 PM

All replies

• So you are using a .NET 4.0 dll with the new dll's? 

Also, if you haven't modified your classes and namespaces I would check that they are still correct.  There have been changes.  If you are using DynamicEntity for instance you will need to use Entity instead and it has a different syntax.  There are other examples too, but this is just one.

Jamie Miley
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 5:22 PM
  • The plugin dll I'm creating is .Net 4. All of my code has been updated to work with the new CRM 2011 syntax.

Thursday, May 12, 2011 7:42 PM
  • Check if the old sdk .dlls are still in the GAC
    Friday, May 13, 2011 11:44 AM
  • Microsoft.Crm.SdkTypeProxy was in the GAC. I removed it, but still receive the same error when trying to register my 2011 plugins.
    Friday, May 13, 2011 2:36 PM
  • try to add these PlugInStep to the code: Create, Update, Delete, SEtState adn SetStateDynamicEntity //[PluginStep("Create", PluginStepStage.PostEvent, PrimaryEntityName = "Centity1", StepId = "Centity1PostCreate")] //[PluginImage(ImageType.PostImage, "Centity1PostCreate", "Id", "Centity1")] And Did you reset the IIS, you have to do each time when you register a plug-In and try to remove the Temp folders, Histories and cookies from your Server.
    Thanks, - Israel Pradeep, - Software Engineer & PMP & B.I - Entrepreneur, - "If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"".
    Friday, May 13, 2011 4:44 PM
  • IIS has been reset multiple times and the server has been rebooted. I still get the error.

Friday, May 13, 2011 7:48 PM
  • I worked with Msft support and we finally tracked it down to needing the microsoft.xrm.client.dll in the CRMWeb\bin and Server\bin folders. Hopefully this will help someone else resolve this issue.
    • Marked as answer by MrKrabs Friday, May 13, 2011 9:11 PM
    Friday, May 13, 2011 9:11 PM
  • Hi,

Try removing the microsoft.xrm.SDK.dll from GAC if it is added to GAC.And Register microsoft.xrm.client.dll into GAC before registering the the plugin.

Sreeni Pavalla

Friday, January 18, 2013 3:10 PM