System Disk Full - 16GB of log files (RC1) RRS feed

• Question

• I clean installed RC1 on two 500GB disks 10 days ago, loaded data on and ran backups for 4 machines. This left about 200GB free in the pool. This seemed a little low so I installed another 500GB disk and added it to the pool Smile

After a day of on / off balancing the system disk (C: SYS) is full - Used space : 20GB, Free space : 0 Bytes.

Looking at the drive I have 16GB of log files !

I came across the blog detailing this issue but never expected anything like 16GB's worth of files.

Keep an eye on those log files guys ...

Friday, June 22, 2007 9:37 AM

Answers

• Can you see which logs are big?   We fixed (hopefully all) log-bloated places post RC, but need to be sure we didn't miss something else. Can you send the names of big logs? And you can delete  them as long as you don't need investigations now.
    Friday, June 22, 2007 3:35 PM
  • We are aware of the issue, it is being addressed for RTM, thanks for reporting,

-mark

Friday, June 22, 2007 5:10 PM

All replies

• Can you see which logs are big?   We fixed (hopefully all) log-bloated places post RC, but need to be sure we didn't miss something else. Can you send the names of big logs? And you can delete  them as long as you don't need investigations now.
    Friday, June 22, 2007 3:35 PM
  • We are aware of the issue, it is being addressed for RTM, thanks for reporting,

-mark

Friday, June 22, 2007 5:10 PM