Subscription/Activation Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys!  I'm currently in the Perpetual Beta, but I was curious about 2.0, so I decided to install it on two other computers I have (of course, to check out the networking features).  Now, because I am on the Perpetual, I wanted to use another Live ID for 2.0.  So I went into Connect, put in my other Live ID and Country as it asks, installed it, but now I'm getting a problem.  I've gotten it to accept the ID for the account, but then it says that my Trial will expire in 15 days.  The second computer is actually only giving me 14 days!  When I click Activate, it takes me to a page that wants a key.  Any ideas?  Or should I not worry about it?
    Monday, July 16, 2007 4:40 AM

Answers

• You should not activate the 2.0 beta, Jordan.

When you see the expiration, is this after you activated with a LiveID that you used for beta 1.0 or 1.5 that you received a key for testing with? The timing sounds about right that this subscription will expire now.

Uninstall 2.0 and reinstall *without* activating.

-steve

Monday, July 16, 2007 4:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Heat_Fan1:

I can't find the Perpetual Beta in the Microsoft Beta site. Please help.

http://get.live.com/betas/

Efraín

Monday, July 16, 2007 1:02 PM
  • Efrain,

Unfortunately, the Perpetual Beta is an invitation only Beta on Microsoft's Connect website.  Sorry I can't help you there.

Jordan

Monday, July 16, 2007 3:41 PM
  • You should not activate the 2.0 beta, Jordan.

When you see the expiration, is this after you activated with a LiveID that you used for beta 1.0 or 1.5 that you received a key for testing with? The timing sounds about right that this subscription will expire now.

Uninstall 2.0 and reinstall *without* activating.

-steve

Monday, July 16, 2007 4:32 PM
  • This LiveID is one I've never used before.  And I've never tried to Activate it.  But as soon as it was installed, it said that it needed to be activated.  Now, it's gone Red on me, saying that it is going to expire soon.  As I said, this is now on two different computers.
    Tuesday, July 17, 2007 2:34 PM
  • Can you verify that you don't have a system date problem on both of those computers, Jordan?

-steve

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 1:32 AM
  • Hi! I am having the same problem on one of my computers. After installing it asked me if I wanted to activate and I said I would use the free trial and for my Vista Ultomate x32 it worked fine and I even entered my Windows LIve ID (which I have nver used for any other OnceCare Bearas), but on my Windos XP Home it said my trial was already over which makes no sense and keeps teling me to activate. I installed OneCare 2.0 one both computer a week or 2 age. Also on my Vista computer I still ahve 219 days. Any Ideas on what migh be wrong?
    Wednesday, July 18, 2007 4:45 AM
  • If your PC date is correct on the computer that shows that the trial has expired, contact support - http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2

It could be a problem on the server side, but I'm pretty sure that it is a date/time issue on the PC.

-steve

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 4:41 PM