Set Regarding to 1 account is appearing in another totally different account? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all
    we are using MSDynamics 4 and have noticed with one user recently, that a person has Set Regarding within an email to account ABCD and it is showing in that account, however it is also showing up in a totally different acount XYZ.

Has anyone ever come across this? if so, how was it caused and was there a resolve?

Cheers and regards
    Rossco
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 11:35 PM

Answers

• It's possible that the 'regarding' is set to ABCD, but a recipient on the email is associated with ABCD- - or XYZ is a sub-account of ABC.  Since CRM's activity / activity history displays not only activities associated with the account, but activities attached to 'Related "Regarding" Records'

See if there is a relationship between either a recipient or if XYZ is a child of ABCD.

Scott Sewell, CustomerEffective | http:\\blog.CustomerEffective.com | Twitter:@ScottSewell
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 1:15 AM

All replies

• It's possible that the 'regarding' is set to ABCD, but a recipient on the email is associated with ABCD- - or XYZ is a sub-account of ABC.  Since CRM's activity / activity history displays not only activities associated with the account, but activities attached to 'Related "Regarding" Records'

See if there is a relationship between either a recipient or if XYZ is a child of ABCD.

Scott Sewell, CustomerEffective | http:\\blog.CustomerEffective.com | Twitter:@ScottSewell
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 1:15 AM
  • Thanks Scott,
    I will check that out and let you know how I get on..

much appreciated and this does make perfect sense (must take my blinkers off) :-)

cheers and regards
    Rossco
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 8:35 PM
  • Hi Scott,
    yep, there were several reasons this occured, both the email recopient association and also a contact that was emailed that worked for then other organisation..

thanks very much, this answered it for me as it made me take my blinkers off :-).

kind regards
    Rossco
    Monday, May 11, 2009 1:00 AM