none
Word Mac version 16.15 is much slower than 16.10 RRS feed

• Question

• We are using Word Mac in our integration and after updating to latest version of Word, our integration has become very slow.

Word Mac version 16.15 is much slower than 16.10.Are there any API changes?

We traced the problem to the below sample Apple Script code. We use this code to add/insert bookmarks to each paragraph. This code while executing with version 16.15 is very slow in compare to 16.10.

<code>

repeat with i from 1 to number of paragraphs of theDocument

tell application "Microsoft Word"

set currentParagraph to paragraph i of theDocument

set textObject to text object of currentParagraph

set textContent to content of textObject

set bookmarkName to "XXX" & i - 1

set newBookmark to make new bookmark at theDocument with properties {name:bookmarkName, text object:textObject}

end tell

end repeat

<code>

Monday, July 30, 2018 10:14 AM

All replies

• Hello Neha Kalra,

This forum is for discussing development issue related to Word Object Model in Windows. For the issue related to Word in Mac, I would suggest you post your issue on the answer forum.

For the current thread, I will move it to Off-Topic forum.

Thanks for understanding,

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 1:28 AM