Client connect issues RRS feed

• Question

• Has anybody else had an issue attempting to connect a computer to the updated build? I cannot seem to connect a machine to the new build. I really wished that they would not have wasted time on the Macintosh connectivity stuff when you cannot connect a computer with a real operating system.
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 2:29 AM

Answers

• I filed a bug report on connect, and it was verified as a bug. Removing Microsoft .NET Framework 4 from the client machine and reinstalling the client resolved the issue. I only install the English language of any operating system.
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 3:37 PM

All replies

• Has anybody else had an issue attempting to connect a computer to the updated build? I cannot seem to connect a machine to the new build. I really wished that they would not have wasted time on the Macintosh connectivity stuff when you cannot connect a computer with a real operating system.
    My VMs (both server and clients) worked fine.  Are you using a third-party firewall on any of your computers?
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 4:28 AM
  • I have had no issue with installing the connector osftware on any of my clients (win7 32/64bits, XP/SP3)
    All with regional settings set to "English".

Maybe double check your server installation?
    - Theo.
    No home server like Home Server
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 5:11 PM
  • What are you using for operating systen and withc language?

If this is not english then try to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4 in the language off your operating system.
    after that install the connector software from your server.

This works fine for me.

Thursday, September 2, 2010 3:17 PM
  • I filed a bug report on connect, and it was verified as a bug. Removing Microsoft .NET Framework 4 from the client machine and reinstalling the client resolved the issue. I only install the English language of any operating system.
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 3:37 PM
  • I had to uninstall the old connector software on my win7 pro computer and reinstall the updated connector software. Then everything worked... however, dashboard and shared folders are no longer on my desktop.
    Friday, September 3, 2010 8:02 PM
  • I had to uninstall the old connector software on my win7 pro computer and reinstall the updated connector software. Then everything worked... however, dashboard and shared folders are no longer on my desktop.
    The beta refresh doesn't give you those icons on the desktop (only the original beta, released in April, did that).
    Friday, September 3, 2010 10:01 PM