none
Does anyone else use Windows Task Scheduler with SyncToy 2.0? RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone else had problems using SyncToy 2.0 with Windows Task Scheduler? I set up a new task using Windows Task Scheduler to run all folder pairs in SyncToy. I set it up to run at a certain time every day and to be allowed to be run on demand. When I view the task in the task scheduler window after the it is scheduled to run it says it has completed the task successfully. But when I go to SyncToy it gives the last updated time as the last time I manually ran the echo? Why would TS say it had completed the task successfully if it didn't do anything? I even checked the files being copied to see if SyncToy just didn't recognize the update, but the files had not been copied. When I manually run the task it says "running" for a second then says it has completed the task, but nothing happens?

Action: Start a Program
    Program/Script: C:\ProgramFiles\SyncToy 2.0\SyncToyCmd.exe
    Add Arguments: -r

Thanks!

Oh, I am running Vista 32-bit
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 6:57 PM

Answers

• Use this and let it run every day.
    Also use Arguments: -R
    "C:\Program Files\SyncToy 2.0\SyncToyCmd.exe"
    Make sure your both folders are online.
    Saturday, August 29, 2009 6:45 PM

All replies

• Use this and let it run every day.
    Also use Arguments: -R
    "C:\Program Files\SyncToy 2.0\SyncToyCmd.exe"
    Make sure your both folders are online.
    Saturday, August 29, 2009 6:45 PM
  • I used to run SyncToy 2.0 scheduled on XP. Currently running SyncToy 2.1 on Vista 64.

The synchronization was/is performed but the "Last run at" was/is not updated.

Try running the command (C:\ProgramFiles\SyncToy 2.0\SyncToyCmd.exe –r) in a command shell and you'll see it runs OK (folders are synced), but it does not update the "Last run at:" 

Seems to be a lack/bug in SyncToyCmd.exe

Friday, November 20, 2009 2:33 PM
  • I have the same problem with Windows 7 64-bit and SyncToy 2.1.  Did you find a solution to the problem.  If not, I hope Microsft will have the command line version of SyncToy update the SyncToy GUI. 
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 3:49 PM