sharing folders to lg bd660 RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently set up windows home server 2011, however my lg bd 660 bluray player does not see the pc, it does however see the dlna server running on it. My win 7 machines shares are accessible on the bluray player as well is its dlna info. The win 7 pc can also access the shared folders from the home server.

How can i set it up so that i can share folders from the home server to the bluray player like standard samba/smb shares. The copy of xp I had on the machine previously was able to do it with no problems what so ever. It has been driving me up the wall for days. Home server seems like a total waste of time so far.

Any help that anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thursday, March 6, 2014 10:09 PM

Answers

• No reason why it should not work - WHS2011 should share just as well as XP etc. You have used the Dashboard to enable folder sharing and given read/write permissions to the Guest account in folder properties. Alternatively your bluray should be able to connect as a specified user with name and password. Do you have a Homegroup set up? If so, this will override WHS permissions.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Edited by Phil Harrison Friday, March 7, 2014 2:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andy Qi Tuesday, March 18, 2014 5:21 PM
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 10:23 PM
  • I had all the sharing settings set the exact same as the win 7 machine

Then you were not using the WHS Dashboard to set up sharing which is how you must do it on the Server OS!

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Saturday, March 8, 2014 10:38 PM

All replies

• No reason why it should not work - WHS2011 should share just as well as XP etc. You have used the Dashboard to enable folder sharing and given read/write permissions to the Guest account in folder properties. Alternatively your bluray should be able to connect as a specified user with name and password. Do you have a Homegroup set up? If so, this will override WHS permissions.

• Edited by Phil Harrison Friday, March 7, 2014 2:26 AM
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 10:23 PM
  • I had all the sharing settings set the exact same as the win 7 machine and the the bluray just would not see the home server pc at all. I just gave up and put xp back on it. Changing to home server was just not worth the hassle for the for the couple of benefits it did have. Thank fully i had used a new hdd for the server install and still had my xp ready as a boot option.
    Saturday, March 8, 2014 9:59 PM
  • I had all the sharing settings set the exact same as the win 7 machine

Then you were not using the WHS Dashboard to set up sharing which is how you must do it on the Server OS!

Saturday, March 8, 2014 10:38 PM