Need XP SP3 Forum, problem with random restarts and sysdata.xml, Mini072609-07.dmp RRS feed

• Question

• Please point me to the right forum. 

Operating system is XP Home, SP3

The issue is:

Occasionally the system reboots for no apparent reason.

On reboot, I get the "...system recovered from a serious problem..." window.

Checking data gets issues with two files:  sysdata.xml, Mini072609-07.dmp

Thanks for helping me find where to post
    Sunday, July 26, 2009 9:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• Please point me to the right forum. 

Operating system is XP Home, SP3

The issue is:

Occasionally the system reboots for no apparent reason.

On reboot, I get the "...system recovered from a serious problem..." window.

Checking data gets issues with two files:  sysdata.xml, Mini072609-07.dmp

Thanks for helping me find where to post

Try deleting sysdata.xml and Mini072609-07.dmp. DMP files are usually junk anyway.
    Monday, July 27, 2009 12:01 AM
  • Hi theelement12, Thanks for your post. don't take this the wrong way, but before I go deleting anything...and because I've used MS forums to troubleshoot in the past but this new forum configuration is new to me, and because this forum is supposed to be only for the purposes of pointing people to the right forum as opposed to answering technical questions - the forum description says explicitly that people in this forum will NOT provide technical assistance - and because I don't know what the new 'authorized' or 'expert' designations are...can you clue me in to your qualifications, or can someone else tell me how you know if someone in this forum knows what they're talking about. Again, dont take it the wrong way...but I'm leery of deleting files without validation from confirmed MS support folks or forum experts..sure you can appreciate. many thanks, d
    Monday, July 27, 2009 12:09 AM
  • I'm so confused.  Is it really that hard to give people direction on where to post??? I thought that 's what this form is for?

what's up with this?  please clue me in...
    Monday, July 27, 2009 1:06 AM
  • Ask here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Monday, August 6, 2012 4:30 AM