none
Import Formats RRS feed

• Question

• Have been using MS Money for many years and have been successful changing formats from Bank of America and American Express to .ofx format.  While Chase Business cards provide a qfx format that seems to import when changed to a .ofx format there are no transactions in the downloaded file.  Have tried Chases QIF and QBO formats without success.  

Does anyone have any successes downloading Chase Business credit card statements?

John Austin

John A

Friday, November 8, 2019 8:00 PM

Answers

• When you say that you changed the format of the downloaded file, I assume you mean that you changed the file extension from qfx to ofx.

If you open the downloaded file with Notepad do you see transactions? 

When you try to import the file into Money, what happens?  What is the error message?  Or does the import seem to work but there are no new transactions in the account?

Bill Becker

• Marked as answer by John Rummel Sunday, November 10, 2019 8:34 PM
    Saturday, November 9, 2019 6:47 PM

All replies

• While Chase Business cards provide a qfx format that seems to import when changed to a .ofx format there are no transactions in the downloaded file.  

I have Chase Southwest business card and can down QFX with transactions (and can be imported into msmoney).

Saturday, November 9, 2019 3:06 PM
  • When you say that you changed the format of the downloaded file, I assume you mean that you changed the file extension from qfx to ofx.

If you open the downloaded file with Notepad do you see transactions? 

When you try to import the file into Money, what happens?  What is the error message?  Or does the import seem to work but there are no new transactions in the account?

Bill Becker

• Marked as answer by John Rummel Sunday, November 10, 2019 8:34 PM
    Saturday, November 9, 2019 6:47 PM
  • Bill,

Thanks for responding.  Had created a much longer response, but lost it before sending.  Yes to changing qfx to ofx.  My AX and BOA accounts work with this solution.  I saw a post on this site regarding CSV2OFX and I purchased the Bank2OFX version.  Works perfectly.  Download CSV and an easy convert.  MS Money Import.

Thanks again,

John

John A

Sunday, November 10, 2019 8:40 PM
  • How are you changing the format of the Amex Statement?
    Wednesday, December 4, 2019 1:40 AM
  • Changing file OFX.QFX to OFX.OFX

John A

John A

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 2:04 AM